Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ever wonder what Leprechauns do the other 364 1/4 days of the year? Now you don't have to!

You know how you have to type letters or words 'as they appear' in a box in order to confirm things online?

Is it me, or do some of them seem like they could be real words?

Things like :

copho- a hooker undercover cop?
papparus- Papa John's dad?
schiztic- a colloquial term meaning AWESOME in NY?- ie: the Greenberg's new Beamer is Schiztic! Or a swizzle stick used in a Manaschewitz wine spritzer?

I see these weird combinations of letters and am sure that somewhere there is a dictionary with them in it.

Or maybe that there should be one.

I know why the random letters/words are generated- to confirm the human element and reduce the SPAM-ability factor.
HeMan Hubby explained this to me very well... meaning I actually understood what he said.

But HOW do these letters /words get out there?
HeMan Hubby did not sufficiently explain this- meaning I have no idea what he was talking about.

So, I will stick with my theory...

That there's a little man in a computer somewhere with a little keyboard whose job is to type words from his language into the confirmation boxes everytime someone hits that 'SUBMIT' button...

What, that's not how YOU thought it worked?
Post a Comment